Eco-Tourism and Sustainable Development
La Pénesais is committed to an eco-tourism and sustainable development approach. We are counting on you to accompany us in this process for the protection of our environment and the safeguard of our planet, by applying a few simple gestures:
- Avoid unnecessary lights (most light bulbs are low consumption)
- Limit water consumption (the taps have aerators and the toilets are equipped with a water saver)
- During the heating period, the thermostat has been set and positioned before your arrival: do not move it or change the setting. If needed call us.
- Use the bins intended for selective sorting. A notice relating to selective sorting is at your disposal in the kitchen.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products (some products are available in the kitchen)
- Put vegetable waste (peelings, eggshells, etc.) in the compost bin. If you need to empty that vegetable waste bin, the compost bin is on the wall in front of your house, to the left of the parking lot.
La Pénesais is equipped with a composter (wooden bin located along the wall in front of your house). It is at your disposal, use it.
What is composting: It is a process of controlled biological degradation of organic materials in the presence of air. It results in the production of an organic amendment: compost. Individual composting makes it possible to recycle certain organic waste from the home and garden at home, and to obtain compost for one’s own gardening needs. It reduces the amount of waste to be disposed of.
Kitchen waste: peelings, fruit and vegetables cut into pieces, vegetable meal leftovers (rice, pasta, bread…), crushed eggshells, paper filters, coffee or tea grounds…
Household waste: paper towels, egg cartons, indoor plants, wood ashes…
Bones, meat, citrus peels, pits, tomato or pumpkin seeds, fatty substances (oil, mayonnaise, etc.), diapers, medical waste (dressings, soiled cottons, etc.).